- 1/2 cup goat's milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon (scant) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 24 ripe black Mission figs, halved lengthwise
- 2 bunches pepper cress or watercress, thick stems trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup (loosely packed) small mint leaves
- 1 dried Indonesian long pepper,* ground in spice mill
Whisk together first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and reserve.
Sprinkle figs with fleur de sel; set in center of plate. Drizzle dressing on figs; scatter pepper cress and mint over. Season with olive oil and Indonesian pepper.
* Also known as Balinese long pepper; available at specialty foods stores, Middle Eastern markets, and from zingermans.com.